- Ultra high mileage coupled with Metzeler performance and handling
- Redesigned tread pattern provides better water drainage
- Specifically designed for custom v-twin touring bikes
- Technology offering consistent performance throughout the tire's life
- Outstanding high and low speed stability and smooth handling
- H-rated for speeds up to 130 mph
- Tubeless (TL)
Metzeler ME 888 MARATHON™ ULTRA is the best partner for long and safe travelling on cruiser, tourers and their custom versions.
To achieve this targets, Metzeler designers finely combined the specifications which determine the characteristics of tires: profile, structure, tread pattern and compound.
The structure shape features a flat and wide geometry that conveys and dissipates toward the sidewall the stress generated under the footprint, reducing the fatigue and the wear process.
To increase wear regularity, the transversal grooves of the tread pattern are discontinued by ‘compound bridges’, resulting in a more solid and stiffer tread design that reduces the stress transmitted to the belts and carcass plies.
Also the edges of grooves are critical areas for wear regularity. ME 888 groove walls have different inclination to ensure the best operating angle in every position.
The polymers of the compound are abrasion resistant, providing higher resistance to wear and hence high mileage.
Grip On Wet:
The tread pattern of ME 888 MARATHON™ ULTRA is an evolution of that of ME880’ with the target to ensure a high level of water evacuation whilst increase wear uniformity across the whole tread.
Moreover, a relevant content of silica in the compound formulation ensures chemical grip on wet surfaces.