- CNC cut for a precise fit to the OEM right side saddle bag (pannier)
- Twill weave pattern to simulate carbon fiber
- High-temperature adhesive backing for easy installation
- Withstands temperatures of 1200°F ( 649 °C) continuous and 2000°F (1093 °C ) intermittent
- Capable of reducing up to 80% of radiant heat
- Made from crushed volcanic rock (Basalt)
- Made in the USA
- 0.025" thick
- Click here to view Installation Instructions
Made from crushed volcanic rock, Heatshield Products Lava Heat Shield Mat has heatshielding capabilities with a carbon-fiber look. This insulator helps to reflect and dissipate heat, making it perfect to be an airbox heatshield or heatshield barrier to protect the paint on your carbon-fiber/fiberglass hood. Due to the natural chemical and acid-resistant properties of basalt (a mineral from volcanic rock), Lava Heat Shield™ is excellent to use in harsh environments.
Lava Shield™ may be used on a firewall to shield radiant heat, and is also perfect to shield heat in transmission tunnels. Keep the look of carbon fiber but have the functionality of the Lava Shield™ heat barrier. It can be used with less than 1 inch of airspace, but 1/2 inch minimum is recommended. It is also better to use Lava Shield™ on applications where there is little airflow, making it a superior insulator to aluminum and gold barrier fabrics in these conditions. Lava Shield™ withstands 1,200 degrees F direct continuous temperatures and 2,000 degrees F intermittent.