- High-strength threadlocker ideal for heavy-duty applications
3/8" to 1" (10mm to 25mm)
- Well-suited for permanently locking studs and press fit assemblies
- Locks and seals threads against leakage
- Protects threads from rust and corrosion
- Prevents parts from loosening due to vibration
- May require heat or special tools for removal
- Convenient and re-usable 0.5 ml pipette applicator
Permatex High Strength Threadlocker Red Formula is ideal for heavy-duty applications 10mm to 25mm and is especially well-suited for permanently locking studs and press fits. This high strength threadlocker adds 3,000 PSI holding power on slip and press fit assemblies and replaces set screws and snap rings. It also locks against vibration loosening. May require heat or special tools for removal.
Applied as a liquid or gel, threadlockers are superior to conventional lock washers, nylon inserts, and other mechanical devices because they secure the entire fastener assembly against loosening from shock and vibration by filling the space between threaded metal parts, curing to form a tough, adhesive bond and seal. They also seal the threads against leakage, preventing rust and corrosion.